Balance.

April brought with it a lot of changes in my life.  I got engaged, started new job (which makes work full time between the two jobs), took over the house work while my mom has been away, and somehow managed to get enough sleep to function and be somewhat social.




Getting engaged was definitely the biggest change in my life.  I knew it was going to happen eventually, but it's still a bit daunting to think of how many people my actions effect.  Not that I go around making bad decisions, but it's still something to think about.  Other than that ominous feeling over my every decision, being engaged doesn't feel much different to me.  It could be the distance or the fact that there's still no ring on my finger. Yes, I know I shouldn't make a big deal about not having my engagement right yet, but I really want to know what it's going to look like!  The fact that don't like surprises could also be part of the reason.  Either way, it's still comforting to know that I have my family's blessings to spend the rest of my life with my best friend.

My new job has been keeping me plenty busy.  I started working at an Optometrist's office about the 2nd week of April and worked most days I wasn't working at the optical next door. I know what you're thinking, "What you're working right next door to where you started working not that long ago?!".  My managers have been working together to schedule me based on each other's schedules, so I've been keeping plenty busy at work.  It's interesting to see the transition from patient to customer.  Now when I prep glasses in the lab, I can pick out the names of customers that I saw as patients.  Along with working at the optometrist's office, I finally got a little bit of retail experience at the optical. I definitely don't miss working in retail.  It's a lot harder than working in the lab.  I would much rather stay behind the scenes and be a lab technician.

My mom leaving for about a month was so much harder than I expected it to be.  Having to cook before work, come home, clean, cook again, clean some more, then try to make some time for myself before I fall asleep and do it all over again.  Wow, that was a long sentence. Probably a run-on, but it'll have to do to get the point across.  I'm so so glad my mom is finally back home.  I still have to help out in the kitchen and help clean, but at least now I have some time to myself and time to sleep.  I've definitely missed sleeping.

Between work and taking care of the household duties, my social life and personal time were almost nonexistent.  I did get to leave the house for fun a few times, but even than it didn't feel like enough.  I'm not used to being surrounded by people 24/7, even if they are family.  Personal time is definitely necessary if you don't plan on going insane.  I've never felt the need to sleep more than I have recently.  The hours of sleep I didn't get are finally catching up with me.  I don't think I would've been able to handle the past month if I never got time to myself.  Even the smallest amount of time to unwind and relax is worth every second.

Comments

Popular Posts