Good-Bye 2020.

2020 has obviously not been the type of year anyone expected or planned for. In my head, I had imagined 2020 to be the year where I finally learn to take care of my mental and physical health, travel and explore new places and spend more quality time fostering relationships with my family and friends.

COVID-19 had other plans. I feel extremely fortunate that my family and I are safe and healthy. I feel fortunate to have a job and be able to pursue my MBA while there is so much uncertainty in our world. 

Part of me (naively) hoped to turn 30 and have some kind of eye-opening experience. So far, I am still trying to figure it out one day at a time. I know 2021 is going to be a different year. I want to make the most of my thirties all the way through. I know there will be good days and bad days, but I am going to try and take it all in stride. 

In 2021, I want to be more comfortable in my skin, use my words and my voice more intentionally, and take control of my mental and physical health. 

To start, I am challenging myself to share at least one positive thing from each month of 2020.

January: We got to see one of my favorite podcasts live for the second time. 

February: Went on our Annual Raven's Birthday Hike. 

March: Spent a bit more time at home with Raven. Taking in as much of her love and cuddles as to calm my anxiety of having to go to work through the uncertainty of the pandemic. 

April: I learned to appreciate that I had a job more and more each day.

May: I challenged myself to make Meyer Lemon and Blueberry Cupcakes for the husband's birthday. 

June: Raven attended her first wedding and we attended our first virtual wedding. 


July: New hair, who this? (Hint: It's still me)



August: We got to go on the weekend getaway we booked in December of 2019 and disconnect, recharge, and relax.  



September: Tried my hand at making Raven 'instafamous' with Buddy Bandanas😂.




October: Kept our bubble small and furry.

November: Captured these two almost playing together after 2 years of Kali giving Raven the cold shoulder.


December: I turned 30 and my husband planned a helicopter date over downtown. 




Comments

Popular Posts