Trust.

T-R-U-S-T. Five little letters that hold a great deal of power when put together in just the right order. Putting them in any other order.. well, that wouldn't make much sense.



You can trust someone with small things, like little quirks and embarrassing stories, or big things, like promises and your deepest secrets.  Opening up to someone is like giving them a piece of yourself and hoping that they'll keep it safe.  Even the smallest of things require a degree of trust.
Trusting someone has come to me either very quickly or painfully slow.  If experience has taught me anything, it is that the ones you quickly trust are the ones that can hurt you just as easily.  In no way am I saying that everyone that you trust quickly is going to absolutely hurt you, but the possibility is always there.  The only way to truly know if you can trust someone is to just jump in and give them a chance, even if that means making yourself vulnerable.

More important than trusting someone else is trusting yourself.  How can you put your trust in someone else if you cannot trust yourself?  You have to trust yourself enough to take control of your life, make the important decisions, and live your life the way you feel best.
I know I am my own worst enemy and my toughest critic, but when it comes down to it I know that if everyone else in my life was to turn their back on me I can always count on myself.


Anyways, I feel like I've been away from blogging so long I don't know how to do it properly.  Excuse the rambling.


Comments

Popular Posts