2017.

Without sounding like a giant cliché, I'm glad 2016 is over and ready to make 2017 my year. 

2016 was not my year. At all.  Everything that happened over the year just left me lost, confused, and unsure of what's next.  But one of the lessons that I learned in 2016 is that there is no point in dwelling on the past. 

So what's next?

It would be easy for me to accept how life is right now. I have a bachelors degree, a decent job, a loving husband, and supportive family and friends. That's more than some people, so I shouldn't complain and I'll try my best not to.

But this isn't what I want for myself.  
I don't want to stay at a job where I have to budget paycheck to paycheck and hope that there is leftover money for savings.  I want a career that makes me feel passionate to go into work and allows me to save for a vacation (finally). 
I want to look in the mirror and be happy with the person looking back at me.  I want to feel comfortable in my own skin, like I used to.  I've finally found the motivation that I lost to push myself.  Slowly, but surely I hope to find that happiness in myself again.  
Make (sh)it happen. 
As simple as it sounds, it's a challenge that I'm finally ready to move forward. One baby step at a time. Thanks to Kickstarter, I found the perfect planner to help me organize my thoughts and my goals and make them happen. It's keeping me on track and keeping me accountable for my future.  
Meraki Printing;

Before the rambling starts, I'll stop here and keep this short and sweet.  2017 is not going to kick my butt the way 2016 did. 
2017 will be my year in some way, big or small. 

Comments

Popular Posts