Pup-date.

Did I ever mention we got a dog? No? Oops.

Last May, I brought home an 8 week old puppy. She was the 9lb runt in her litter that needed all the extra love and attention she could get. She slept most of the first day we had her. She didn't even have a name for the first few days. Slowly but surely, she started to come around to us and become more playful. She used to nap on our shoes, in her water bowl, and on her toys. She was so small, she couldn't climb down stairs without her belly hitting the steps.
The list of names we went through was filled with dog puns, literary references, and a couple names that we had in mind for future children. In the end, Raven was the most fitting. And the only name she responded to.
Over the past 10 months, Raven has become the sunshine in our lives. She's tested our budgeting abilities, alertness, time management, patience, and so much more.
She's cuddly when she knows I need it most. (As I type this, she's sleeping on my foot).
I know having a child is more work than having a pet, but I can honestly say Raven has definitely prepared us a little bit.
I can't imagine how things would be without her in our lives.

Happy 1st Birthday Raven! Thank you for being the best dog we could have ever asked for.

Raven the day I brought her home. 2 months old.

3 months old.

4 months old.

6 months.

8 months.

1 year.


Comments

Popular Posts