Giving Thanks.

My family has never been one to celebrate Thanksgiving, but for me December is the month that I look back and take time to really appreciate everything and everyone in my life.  December is more than just the last month of the year for me; It is the beginning of another year of my life. This month, really in 5 days but who's counting, I'll be saying hello to my 23rd year of life. The past year has given me a lot to be thankful for, mainly the people in my life, the opportunities I've had, and all the things that I've learned.



After graduating last December, life has been an uncontrollable roller coaster.  All the ups and downs have showed me who my true friends are, giving me a chance to create a stronger relationship with the people who stuck with me.  It has also given me a chance to meet new people in some of the most unexpected situations.  I've had a chance to travel, attend family gatherings, and have some much needed "Bhavini time".

The past year also gave me a chance to really appreciate the value of my education and my degree. Though I haven't put my degree to it's full use, I can look back and take pride in my accomplishment.  The struggles and stresses of college truly allowed me to gain confidence in my abilities. Being able to experience what life is like without the restrictions and worries of classes and exams has been both liberating and terrifying.  Even though it hasn't been all rainbows and butterflies, I wouldn't trade in the experiences I've gained over the past year for anything.

Comments

Popular Posts