2013 In Review

Life events told by various social media profiles.

As 2013 comes to an end, I can honestly say I spend most of my free time on the internet. Most of that time is not so productively spent on Tumblr and Twitter, with a side of Facebook and Instagram. What better way to recap my year than by posting some snippets of my internet life? Let’s get started.



Top 5 Tweets. (Selected from the top 10)

-

-

-

-
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Top FB Moments + my side commentary:

- January: Started working at Kumon as an assistant. (Unlocked New Job Achievement. :P)

- January 28: “Sometimes I wonder how life would be if I didn't quit dance or pursued writing or acting instead of biology.” (I love Biology and I’m very proud of my degree, but the “what if’s” are always there. I’m hoping that blogging will keep me close to writing.)

- February 11: “Why it took so long to get to me, I don't know. But it definitely feels real now.” (My official degree. Proof that I really did accomplish something in my 3.5 years of college. It’s crazy that it came in the mail the morning I flew off to Chicago for my optometry school interview.)


-May 11: “Time to see some of the people I've known for what feels like forever close a chapter of their lives” (Growing up is a very strange process. It feels like we just graduated from high school.)

-July 11: “I won't bore you with a quote or some song lyrics. Just a :D” (Long distance doesn’t allow for actual anniversary dates, so we celebrate when we can. Okay, so we celebrate every time we see each other. All those moments are worth celebrating.)


-July 15: “Because crafting is a pretty amazing distraction.” (Seriously. I love doing little crafty things. I used a tutorial from the Three Chic Geeks to make these bows. :D )


-July 26: “Off to Florida. See you later Texas. :D” ( My mom and I originally went for a close family friend’s wedding, but we stayed extra to visit Disney World and Universal Studios. It was so great to see my mom having fun away from the worries of home. It’s a memory I will always cherish.)

-August 15: “It might take me a little longer to reach my goals, but I refuse to give up.” (August marked the official ‘I didn’t get accepted to optometry school’ cut off. Of course I was sad and a little disappointed, but I refused to let that bring me down for too long.)

-September 1: “If this Facebook status goes through it can mean only one thing. I didn't make it to Hogwarts.” (I didn’t make it on to Platform 9 ¾ . End of story.)

-September 7: “You can keep the girl from Hogwarts, but you can't make her stop believing.” (The local public library had a Harry Potter event, so I just had to go dressed up. It was definitely worth attending.)

-September 23: “Can I just travel the world?” (I have the travel bug and it cannot be treated. I did get to do a bit of travelling after this though. I went to Las Vegas for a few days, followed by Arizona for my cousin's wedding with my brother and cousin. Las Vegas was amazing and getting to attend a family wedding is leaves no moments unenjoyed)

-October 31: “Ready for Quidditch! [Happy Halloween!]” (My love for my Black Milk Ravenclaw Shooter is endless.)


-December 14: “Agh. The mall. Just. AGH. — feeling annoyed.” (My last minute Secret Santa shopping attempt was terrible. Never waiting until the last minute again.)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Top Instagram Photos AKA Top Selfies of the Year.

April 23: The "OMG Interview Day" Selfie

-

June 29: The Anniversary Collage (Not a selfie, but a very important day).

-

April 11: The "Aladdin & I Disney World" Photo (Also not a selfie, but it's Aladdin!)


-

October 28: The "Fandom Tee" Selfie.

-

November 17: The "Desi Standard Time Late Diwali" Selfie.

-

December 18(19): The "23rd Birthday" Selfie. To be completely honest, I wasn't looking forward to my 23rd birthday at all. In the end it turned out so much better than I could've imagined. I got phone calls from some very lovely people, had some much needed friend time, and got I spend time with friends and family. What more could a girl ask for? 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comments

Popular Posts