Top 10 US Cities I Want to Visit.

In the past 23 years, I've been lucky enough to have lived in a few different cities and states.  The itch to travel and see the world is still very much present, especially since there are so many amazing places in the United States that I have yet to see.

Here are the top 10 cities in the US I want to see.


10.  Austin, Texas.  Yes, I've lived in Texas for 14 years. No, I haven't seen the capitol city yet.  Austin is known for it's music festivals, night life, and apparent weirdness. Why I haven't visited yet is beyond me. Hopefully I'll get to take a trip up there soon.

9.  Portland, Oregon.  Yes, I did live in Oregon for the first six years of my life. In my defense I was a baby and we never really got around to visiting Portland.  I want to go on a long walk in the forest, visit Powell's City of books, and have some donuts from Voodoo Donuts.

8.  New Orleans, Louisiana.  Because if I'm ever going to celebrate Mardi Gras, why not celebrate it in New Orleans?

7.  Atlanta, Georgia.  If there ever was a place that I would pause my "no drinking dark soda" rule, it would be the World of Coca-Cola.  Not only does Atlanta have that, but they have a nature oriented amusement park type thing, Stone Mountain Park.

6. Anchorage, Alaska.  Okay, so I have a soft spot for nature and breathtaking scenery. I regret nothing. Except maybe the allergies that follow spending too much time outside.  It would totally be worth it though.

5.  Honolulu, Hawaii.  I know, what a cliche.  I really want to go to Honolulu though.  It has its own culture and history.  The beaches would definitely make visiting even better.

4.  Miami, Florida. Warm weather. Beautiful beaches.  Need I say more?

3.  Boston, Massachusetts.  Gardens, parks, art, historical sites, and amazing weather? Can I have it? Can I? Can I?

2.  Washington, D.C.  Yes, another capitol on my list. This one is absolutely necessary.  Seeing the various monuments and memorials, the White House, the museums, and possibly even some Cherry Blossoms if they're in season when I finally make my way to D.C.

1.  San Francisco, California.  I know San Francisco technically shouldn't  be on my list because I was born there, but we moved like a year after I was born.  I've seen so many beautiful pictures from all over San Francisco.  I can't believe I was born in such a beautiful city and have yet to go back and see it.


I have to admit, Roshan has shared his interest and passion in architecture with me.  Every time I travel now, I pay attention to the different style of the buildings.  I never thought I'd actually pay a while lot of attention to buildings.  I think it's safe to say that I'll definitely be paying attention to all the buildings when I visit these cities.

Looking back at my list now, my love for the outdoors and nature is still very much present even though my sinuses and allergies would much rather me be inside.




Comments

  1. You should come back to NY and check out the Pepsico Park thing upstate, I went there a couple of times when I was younger, it's really beautiful! It's a nature preserve thing, with native american inspired decorations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to add it to my complete list. I'm seriously itching to go back to NY.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Words of wisdom?

Popular Posts