A Reminder to Myself.

Writing used to be an outlet for me. Used to be. Somewhere down the line, I forgot why I started this blog.
After multiple failed attempts to just sit down and put my thoughts into words that would make sense to other people, it finally dawned on me that I've been going about this process all wrong. Writing shouldn't be scheduled or forced when it's meant to be an outlet.

This year was supposed to be a year of trying to find myself and figure out what my life is now. Instead of progressing with anything I had planned, I became content in my routine. I have no one to blame for my lack of progress but myself. I am the only one responsible for my actions; really the lack of actions this past year. Instead of using the monotony to motivate myself, I let it consume my life.

The past weeks have been a reminder for me that there is more that I could be doing with my life. I let myself believe that turning 27 would mean it was too late for me to go back to school to pursue higher education and work towards a career. I don't want to be that person that lets a setback determine my future. I may not be where I planned my life to be, but I have a supportive group of friends and amazing family to keep me going.

I don't want to feel this way anymore. Being stuck is not an option anymore.

Comments

Popular Posts