January Book Haul-ish.

My bank account, bookshelf, and bookcase will all agree that my love for books is never ending.  To start the new year filled with books, I borrowed 4 books from my cousins and purchased 2 books and 3 comic books of my own.


I'll start with the borrowed books. 
  • "If I Stay" by Gayle Forman (READ)
  • "What Happened To Goodbye" by Sarah Dessen
  • "It's Not Like I Planned It This Way" by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor
  • "Please Don't Be True" by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor 
I just finished reading "If I Stay" a few days ago.  Overall, I did like it. It reminded me of The Lovely Bones, just how she was telling the story as an observer. It was definitely interesting. I give it 4/5 stars.
I'm a huge Sarah Dessen fan so I can't wait to read "What Happened To Goodbye". My cousins raved about it and the ratings on Goodreads was good, so I had to borrow it.
"It's Not Like I Planned It This Way" and "Please Don't Be True" are part of Phyllis Reynolds Naylor's Alice series. The series starts when Alice is in elementary school, I think. I haven't read any of the series, but both of my very picky cousins raved about the books. "It's Not Like I Planned It This Way" takes place during Alice's sophomore year and "Please Don't Be True" during her junior year.  Both books are really 3 books wrapped up in one book, which explains their size. 

I probably shouldn't have bought any books, but you can't really stop a bookworm from buying more books.  Can you?
  • "Looking For Alaska" by John Green (READ)
  • "Shatter Me" by Tahereh Mafi
  • The Avengers, Wonder Woman, and Justice League of America comic books
This month, I've read three books! I'm patting myself on the back for that one. I finished reading "Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children" by Ransom Riggs, which I had started in December.  After that I read "Looking For Alaska" and my feels were not ready for that. John Green just has a way with words that destroys feels.  If John Green's books ever turn to movies I might just run out of tears. OH WAIT, HE IS. 
I bought "Shatter Me", because I had been eyeing it for a while and thought "Hey, the last books is coming out I can binge the series!" 
The comic books were just amazing. I couldn't not buy them.  I really have not much else to say about them. 

I also won two books off of Goodreads! 
  • "Biology of Luck" by Jacob M. Appel (Released January 1, 2014)
  • "The Sun and Other Stars" by Brigid Pasulka (Galley: Releasing February 4, 2014)
Anyways, this post turned out much longer than expected.

If you've gotten this far, here's the link to enjoy my ramblings in vlog form. x

Comments

Popular Posts