New Year's Resolutions


I'm going to be completely honest and admit, I have never been one to keep up with my New Year’s Resolutions. This year I’m doing two things to ensure that this year will (hopefully) be different. First, I’m keeping my resolutions broad and open to interpretation so I have more ways to accomplish them and I’m posting them here on the internet for everyone to see. They're in no real order, since all of them are important in one way or another.



  • Blog consistently. Blogging give me the same kind of emotional release that keeping a journal would, just without the privacy. Blogging has helped me with writing as well as being more open with my thoughts and feelings.
  • Live a more healthy life. I don’t just want to go on a temporary diet, I want to make a life-long change for the better. Exercising regularly, eating healthier, etc.
  • Read more. My TBR list/pile is constantly growing. I need to read and keep up with it. Reading for entertainment, for education, but really just any reading in general would suffice. 
  • Travel. There is so much of the world to see and so little time.
  • Get and stay organized. Okay, I try this every year. It always starts off well then just goes downhill. 
  • Regret less. It’s easy to regret things that you’ve done, but what good does regret do? None.
  • Conquer at least one fear. Heights, spiders, and snakes come to mind immediately. 
  • Make peace with my past. I try not to hold grudges, but forgiveness is the ultimate way to make peace with the people in my past. Whether I need to ask for forgiveness or I need to forgive them is a whole other story.
  • Stop carrying the blame for things that are out of my control. Unnecessary blame is the last thing I want to carry around with me.
And the most important one.
  • Love myself. As the years have gone by, I've noticed how critical I am with myself. The less critical I was on myself, the more comfortable I felt in my skin. I want that feeling of comfort back. No one wants to feel like a stranger in their own body. 

Comments

Popular Posts