Day 12, 13, & 14.

I decided to give myself a break. Not because I've been busy but rather because I didn't feel like I was putting in any real effort into the challenge. Instead of feeling happy that I was writing, it felt like I was forcing myself to do a chore. Stepping back for two days reminded me of why I decided to do this challenge in the first place. It's not about how many people actually read my posts, but how writing makes me feel.

Delivery
The delivery never reached its destination.

Rewritten
Their history needs to be rewritten.

Raiders
The raiders gave no second thought.

12. What do you feel convicted to change in your life right now? Where will you begin?
I have let others effect my emotions and mental health more than ever lately. Instead of brushing things off and moving on, I've held onto the negativity and let it eat away at any good I felt throughout the day. Instead of holding onto the negative feelings, I will start focusing on the positives.

13. When do you feel most at peace?
I feel most at  peace when I'm reading or writing (sometimes). I think part of the reason why I haven't been able to stick to this challenge is because I'm trying to force myself into that peaceful state of mind I get when I'm writing rather than just let that moment come to me. I've avoided all the books I started because I couldn't get into that same peacefulness that I'm trying to reach. I miss reading. I miss the enjoyment that it brought me.

14. Write down a scripture you can apply to your life today. How will you do it?
The Gayatri Mantra doesn't just apply to my life today, but everyday. I've lost touch with religion more than I thought I had, but when trying to thing of a scripture the Gayatri Mantra is the first thing that came to mind.


Challenge Sources:
Six Word Story
November Journal Prompts - Brittney Moses 

Comments

Popular Posts